Electronic commerce became a wonderful alternative to revive the economy and satisfy the needs of consumers. So, precisely, if you haven’t already: now is the time to learn how to build an online store like Vlone!
The measures implemented by governments to prevent the spread of the virus, led thousands of consumers to completely change their shopping habits and generate unexpected demand in e-commerce.
Challenges and opportunities of e-commerce in times of pandemic
The reality is that the pandemic hit the economy of many companies. Today, a high percentage of people are looking for value for money, that is, they want to get or obtain the best alternative with the budget they have. That is why when buying Vlone Shirts, options that provide savings or offer promotions prevail.
This is how each business has been in the task of re-evaluating its strategies and opportunities, in the face of new consumption habits and user budgets. The vectors where the most growth possibilities have been found are:
- Home: With remote work, consumers want to be comfortable in their homes and are looking for desks, furniture, decoration, etc. They also want new appliances and entertainment like televisions.
- Food: the pandemic has encouraged the preparation of healthy meals at home, hydration and, of course, physical activity.
- Delivery: many consumers now opt for delivery to avoid going out to public places.
- Older adults: people over the age of 45 have been having a greater participation in the use of e-commerce, as they are the ones who are most afraid of leaving their homes.
But if your business doesn’t apply in any of these categories, don’t worry! It does not mean that you are losing validity, on the contrary: it is a challenge for you to apply new strategies that allow you to attract those potential clients with needs that no one has yet met.
6 steps to learn how to create an online store
- Define the KPIS: it is important that you establish the objectives you want to achieve with your online store, and then know their performance.
- Evaluate the growth projection: with the implementation of e-commerce, evaluate how fast your business can grow.
- Identify the costs: these do not end with the e-commerce platform. You should also map the costs of maintenance, upgrades, new features, etc.
- Design the user experience: execute the user interaction strategy with the online store platform.
- Develop an e-commerce plan: many companies believe that because they have a platform they do not need a marketing strategy. Remember that the virtual world has other implications and indicators and here, the content will help you attract more traffic.
- Define a responsible team: as in any project, it is key to establish how many people will work in the technology and marketing area. But, above all, who will be responsible for each activity.
What platform to choose for our e-commerce?
Once the e-commerce functionality, the cost of the investment and the plan to be carried out have been identified, it is time for you to choose the type of platform Vlone Clothing. Before doing so, consider the following points:
- Build your own platform: who will develop it? Do you have a technology team for it? These are some of the questions you must answer at this point.
- You can also opt for a traditional platform: another alternative to consider is the payment of an annual license for a platform. It is so much easier! And the technology team will work on it.
- Open Source platform: in these cases you do not pay for an annual license, but you will pay for an investment in development to customize said platform in content upgrades.
- SAAS platform: it is obtained on the Open Source platform with a monthly fee that covers the cost of the server, maintenance and security.